Sunday, February 21, 2010

Holiday...part 1 "Prauge"

So, there was too many things that happened to us on this week long holiday, so I'll have to break the trip up into parts. Part one is what we like to call "Prague"....

We leave school on Friday early to catch our bus to Prague. We were all sure that this bus ride was 10 hours, we are 10 hours in a realize that the bus ride is actually 14 hours long! Ugh. This bus is packed as well. Jenna and I are in the very back where all 5 seats are connected and then Lindley and Whiltey are in the 2 seats in front of us. About 5 hotties walk onto the bus as well, so we are thinking that this is going to be a good 14 hours. We take off and Jenna passes out. Great. About 2 hours or so into the trip the 2 ladies sitting next to Jenna and I begin to paint their nails. I'm sorry, but who paints their nails in a packed bus?! The fumes are awful and the bus is extremely bumpy that the ladies have paint not only on their nails, but all the way up their hands. Once they were done, they decided to add polka dots?! Their nails turned our awful ps. So there is this Aussie girl sitting in front of Whitley and Lindley and we start talking with her and it turns out that she is travelling around Europe for 7 months by herself! YIKES. But she happens to be sitting next to the hotties. They are from Brussels, are 21, and are going to Prague! We thought this sounded good, but to them we were "untouchables" or something! The only time they bothered talking to us was when they shouted "Hey Texas girls" to us and to ask us if we were cheerleaders! Well, Whitley slightly is and said yes and they started shrieking. I'm not sure if that was good or bad. She showed them some photos and let's just say they had no interests in us after that!

Around 3:30ish we woke up to 4 Czech police demanding for our passports. That is not a good way to be woken up. We finally arrive in Prague around 5:30AM!!!! After wandering around for our hotel for 45 minutes, we finally came across it...right next to a brothel! Well, we can't check in until 2:00pm and it is just 6:30 am. Crap. Jenna and I pass out in the lobby while the other girls did something. We venture out around 8:30 for breakfast, get lost, get picked up by an American man, he leads us to another place. We go back to the hostel to wash our faces and brush our teeth. We meet 2 guys who are here from the states and they invite us to breakfast. Well, we already ate, but we didn't want to pass up the chance to meet new people. So we accept. They end up going on this walking tour with us. They have this friend who lives in Prague and he happens to be DJing at the bar in our hostel. We meet up with them that same night to watch his friend. The music was ummm.....they called it "experimental music"...they should have kept experimenting before they played it for us. The hostel gave us free crappy beers and the guys provided us with awkward conversations....religion, abortion, politics, dads. It was interesting. One guy brought his hookah down and we smoked some hookah for a bit. He tried to teach Whitley and I how to blow smoke rings....we failed miserably. We took off quickly after that.

The next day we take a walking tour of the castle. We have to take a tram up to the castle so the entire tour group is trying to get onto one tram. While we were waiting, Jenna plays this pickpocketing game on me. It was slightly funny. So the tram comes and we all bombard it. I'm getting pushed and I think they it is Jenna pushing me because she couldn't get on the tram. I move to the side and I look back to see if she got on. Well, what do I see?! Do I see Jenna on the tram...yes, but I also see my wallet going above my head!! So I run to the doors, which are closing and I push them back open. This lady is standing at the doors with my wallet in her hands. So I shout "give me my wallet back!" and what does she do!? She hands it back....?! WTF why didn't she run?! I mean she has my wallet in her hands and then gives it back when a little 5'2" girls asks for it back! So, of course I thanked her for that. Well, she then sticks her tongue out at me! Rude. Afterwards, I realized that I thanked some lady for finding my wallet in my purse and then giving it back to me!! Oh Prague.

We end up meeting some new friends on the tour as well along with our tour guide. We all go out for drinks that night at this place called Pub. It was really cool because on each table there is about 4 taps that you can get your beer from. But each table is also competing with other tables from around the country on how much beer you are drinking. Our table didn't win. After a beer we thought that it would be a good idea to take a shot of Absinthe. EWWW worst idea ever. It tasted like paint stripper. Ugh. So we all go back to the beer. I guess we were too loud and the Pub closed early. We weren't ready to go home yet, so we wander around until we found this other bar. We walked in and it was chill. So we sit down and are talking, but then we discover that there is an underground disco hall. We go down there and there is hardly anyone so we dominate that dance floor. We are dancing like fools because there is no one there to judge. I look over and there is this older man (40s) sitting at this table by himself just bopping. So, I go over and invite him to join our dancing group. He got excited, but only did one move with his hands and clapped like every 3rd beat. He soon sat down. So we are dancing and drinking and look down and it is about 4am. Apparently, the bars in Prague don't shut down. So we are getting our coats back on when this guy runs downstairs and starts tearing up the dance floor. We don't know how to react so we just stare and then decide to join him. He is going nuts and flailing his whole body...we assume that he has to be on drugs. So I go up and ask him what drugs he is on...he responds with "I Czech and I dancer" umm....since when did that become a drug?! So I ask him again and he says that same thing...that's when we noticed....dun dun dun....he has some snot formation going down his nose to his mouth. We are all grossed out and I told him that he needs to wipe his face he has some snot dripping. He told me, or so I thought, that the snot was his helpers. So I run to Jenna and was like this is so bizarre he told me it was his helpers....Jenna thought maybe it was his herpes. Not really sure, so I run and get him a tissue. I start dancing with him and waving the tissue in his face. I told him that he needed this to wipe his face. He took the tissue, rubs it on his face, throws it, and it lands on Jenna! hahahahaha. But the snot was still there! So I told him again and that's when he confirmed that the snot was in fact HERPES!! AHHHHHHH. So at this point we think he is the plague. So we are dancing, but not close to him. He comes up to me and gets really close as if he were going to kiss me, but before he even had a chance I was out of there! I told Jenna and asked her if Herpes was contagious, but before she could finish I was already in the bathroom washing my face and hands. Gross! We left quickly after that. We head home to the hostel and find that Jenna's ipod is missing. We tell the people working there, but they couldn't do much. So we go to bed for about 2 hours and then we had to get up again. When we wake up, Lindley finds that $600 is missing from her bag. Oh shit. But that was about it. There wasn't much that the hostel could do, so we had to leave to make our early flight to Dublin.....I don't think this post did Prauge justice, but it's the best I can do when typing.

No comments:

Post a Comment