Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Holiday...Part 2....Dublin

We flew into Dublin around 3:00 pm. It was a rough flight because we were coming from Prague, still drunk, and living on 2 hours of sleep. Flying in, Dublin was absolutely beautiful!! We manage to find our hostel, which was very homey and not hostely at all. It was a little rainy, so for those of you who know how my hair reacts to water and humidity...it looked like that! Not a good look for first impressions. We found a place to eat, which was very eco friendly and a quaint coffee shop that hooked us up with more energy. Turns out that the coffee shop was attached to this bar/restaurant/club that we will later frequent. We then hit up the shopping street, which was phenomenal!! Dublin has better style than America...I'm jealous. We head back to the hostel and attempt to call it a night because we were exhausted, but these 2 boys were there (practically right outside of our door) playing their guitars and singing. OOOWEEE HOTTIES! They actually weren't even that cute, but the way they were playing and singing....you forgot all about that. We put in some requests, but they didn't know any "American" songs. They still sang to me....not the other girls...but don't listen to what they have to say.



The next day, we went on a day bus tour to Wicklow. It takes you out to the country and around the area. Lots of films have been shot in the area we went to, but I have never seen PS I love you or Leap Year...those movies are crap so that part didn't thrill me. The land its self was amazing! Turns out our tour guide was youngish and cuteish, so Whitley was brave and asked him to come out with us that night. He had a football game that night, so he said maybe. We weren't heartbroken, but went home to get cleaned up. While we were getting ready, he ended up calling our hostel and leaving us a message to meet him at this place around 10:00. We went to eat before we had to meet him and ended up stopping in that bar/restaurant/club that was attached to the coffee shop. There was a hottie standing outside telling us about the menu, Whitley being such a flirt, invited him to come join us when he got a break. We are almost done with our meals when he comes up with a friend of his and sit down at the next table. We chit chat a little and then they agreed to meet us at the bar we were going to meet our tour guide at. They also mentioned that the bar we were meeting at was an old people's bar, but we thought maybe they were wrong. Always trust the locals!!! We walk into the bar and we are the youngest people by about 30 years! It was old people central! It was funny because this one lady (at least 40) ended up being so drunk that she fell backwards off of her stool. I wanted to laugh so hard, but everyone else was "pretending" to be worried, so I wasn't going to be that insensitive girl, but let me tell you...after about 10 minutes had passed I let out a really loud laugh at the lady.

The 2 guys from the restaurant came and met us, we had some drinks and tour guide never showed up. We called it quits on him and left with the other two guys. They took us to this really cool club that happened to be right by our hostel. When we walked in there was a live band that was playing really good songs and then downstairs was a dance area. We stayed in the live band area. We were enjoying ourselves and bopping around when I get pulled out into the dance/mosh area by some drunkie. He was so drunk that his facial expressions never changed, he would just move to the music. I thought why not dance with him, but when I was done I tried slinking away, but he kept pulling me back. I look over at Jenna to save me and she happens to be recording the whole thing! The video is priceless!

Jenna and I decide to go get another drink, while I'm not sure what the others did. Oh well. So, I'm standing at the bar and I get a tap on the shoulder. I assume that it's Jenna because she was behind me. I look and no one is there. I feel a tap on the other shoulder and again no one is there. I was like ughh Jenna stop and then this guy pops out and goes "gotcha!"I couldn't help but be amused because I just got tricked by the oldest trick in the book and by some random guy in Dublin. We ended up talking for a while and then out of no where he goes "I"m going to marry you". Umm...hahah this guy is drunk! I was like ya sure, but he kept going on about how I was his future wife and that I was exactly his type and that I was the one. I can honestly say that I have never heard that line before. He wouldn't stop talking about us getting married, so I decided to just play along. We ended up hanging out for the rest of the night until he told me that he was going downstairs with his friend so his friend could get his jacket and that he would be right back. Jenna and I wait there for a good 15 minutes when he NEVER comes back! hahaha some husband!

We ended up staying until the bar closed and discovered that the Irish are careless with their money and the floors of the bar were covered in euros! I ended up finding about 2 euros worth of coins on the floor. The luck of the Irish! On our walk back, we find a fight in front of our hostel. Jenna and I were intrigued, so we stayed and watched. Turns out, that one of the main guys in the fight was the drunkie that I danced with earlier in the night! hahahaha it was too good!

The next day, we go to the Guinness warehouse and take the tour. The beer was gross! blech. But the tour was cool. After that, we head to the airport for our final trip to Roma!!....

No comments:

Post a Comment